Do you want to work for a global organisation that’s constantly evolving? We recognise our people are our best asset and we want to attract, develop and retain the very best people. We recognise that our continued growth and success depends on our people. We therefore want people that are dedicated, committed and focused on delivering effective results that make a real difference to the service that our customers receive.
Powered by People
Below you will find our latest career opportunities across all of the Bibby Line Group of companies businesses.
Group Head of Risk and Internal Audit
- Date: 06/06/2013
- Ref: V3025
- Company: Bibby Line Group
- Location: Liverpool
- Closing date: 30/06/2013
BIBBY LINE GROUP LIMITED
GROUP HEAD OF RISK AND INTERNAL AUDIT - LIVERPOOL
Bibby Line Group is a business services group involved in shipowning and operation, shallow water accommodation, offshore oil and gas services, contract logistics, financial services, memorial parks, employment law and health & safety advisory services, specialist plant & equipment hire and retail.
Over the last five years the Group has grown significantly, both organically and by acquisition. Four years ago a new role was created at the Group’s head office, reporting to the Group Finance Director, to oversee the effectiveness of the Group’s internal control environment and risk management framework. The present incumbent is leaving the Group in June and we wish to appoint his successor:
The Role Comprises:
- Provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal control environment and risk management framework in each of the Group’s businesses.
- Monitor the effectiveness of internal audit within all businesses.
- Assist in planning, designing and resourcing internal audit programmes for all businesses.
- Presentations to Group Audit Committee and divisional Boards on effectiveness of system of financial control and internal audit scope and findings.
- Reinvigorate the Group Office’s own Quality Management System and plan and perform internal audits to gain assurance that Group Office’s QMS is operating, as designed, effectively.
- Ad hoc projects at the direction of the Group Audit Committee or Group Finance Director.
- Suitably qualified with good understanding of risk management in different commercial environments including experience to a wide array of businesses including project management contracting, and those with sophisticated IT requirements.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Organised and disciplined individual, technically able with strong communication skills.
- Able to act at Board level and achieve change by influence.
- Able to manage staff; both to fulfil the requirements of the business and their own personal development.
- Self starter
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. Although based in Liverpool, Bibby Line Group has businesses based around the world and both UK and international travel will be necessary in the performance of this role.
Applicants should apply by email enclosing current curriculum vitae and remuneration details, which will be treated in strict confidence, to:
Mrs. Jacqui Barker
Group HR and Communications Director